VPN’s are becoming more and more common over time. Not only is it much easier to use than in previous years, but the fact is that more and more people are aware of the privacy issues when surfing the web than ever before.
Regardless of whether you use one for the security of your personal browsing or not, these VPNs are generally not looked upon favorably by online gamers. In fact, if you are not careful, you could be in serious trouble with Fortnite.
Fortnite was first released by Epic Games in 2017 and has become one of the most popular games in the online arena over the past few years. The survival shooter has 200 million players worldwide at the time of writing.
The game can be downloaded and played for free on the most popular computer, mobile and gaming platforms.
Epic Games generates revenue from the sale of cosmetic items to players and from the sale of in-game “Battle Passes,” which are tiered, personalized rewards for earning experience and completing certain objectives.
Step-by-Step instructions on How to Bypass Fortnite IP Blocking with a VPN
- Log in to one of the VPN on our list.
- Follow the instructions on the VPN page to download and install the VPN client on your router.
- Launch the VPN client on your router and choose the server in the country of the Fortnite server you want to access, or choose your own country if it doesn’t matter where you play.
- Go to Fortnite on the console. If you have a permanent account, register a new one. If you don’t have an account lock, you can now play with your regular account.
ExpressVPN offers top-notch encryption, unlimited bandwidth, and a huge network of 3000 servers in 90 countries.
With ExpressVPN, you can easily access geographically restricted content. You can even play multiplayer games in any region! The service’s encryption also protects your device and personal data from third-party hacks and DDoS attacks.
Latency and lag are a big issue for gamers, and unfortunately some VPNs can really slow down the online gaming experience. ExpressVPN doesn’t do that. With ExpressVPN, you’ll enjoy a fast, smooth, and secure gaming experience.
If you have friends or family members who want to play Fortnite on their devices, ExpressVPN can help you. The service allows you to connect up to 5 devices simultaneously under one account.
- One of the fastest VPNs with multiple servers to choose from for streaming, ideal for Fortnite
- Strong, protocol-free privacy policies and a high level of security built into your application
- Easily unblock Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer
- Hundreds of low-latency servers to choose from
- No discount coupons here, not the cheapest option
- A handful of advanced configuration options
Surfshark is a good option for those who want to play it safe. With over 1,700 servers in over 60 countries, you should get a low-latency connection no matter where you are. Moreover, thanks to the powerful unlocking features, you won’t be limited to playing Fortnite, but you’ll also be able to access services such as PUBG and Dota 2. Surfshark lets you connect to any number of devices, which is especially generous, considering that most VPNs have a limit of six connections.
It is known for its strong security features with 256-bit encryption, automatic ad blocking and malware scanning, a kill switch, split tunneling, and protection against WebRTC, DNS, and IPv6 leaks. Moreover, Surfshark doesn’t keep logs, so your activities can’t be traced back to you. You can choose to pay in Bitcoin, Ripple, or Ethereum. Customer support is available 24/7 via live chat and Email.
Surfshark offers apps for Android, Windows, MacOS, iOS, and Linux. It can also be used with supported Wi-Fi routers, but it needs to be installed manually.
- Allows you to protect all your devices
- Unblocks all popular streaming platforms
- Strictly prohibits harvesting
- Good speed and unblocking capabilities
- Blocks all blocks and unblocks all streams
- Smaller network than some competitors
- Still has some slow servers
NordVPN is a no-log VPN provider based in Panama. This year, NordVPN won our most coveted award – Best VPN Overall. Read our NordVPN review to see why NordVPN was named Best VPN of the Year.
NordVPN has no logs, fantastic security features, and content unlocking. All of this makes it one of the best VPN options. It offers dual VPN, VPN over Tor, DNS-based malware protection, Smart DNS, and more, all as part of a very affordable package.
- Fastest speeds
- Military-grade 256-bit encryption for strong data protection
- Fantastic streaming and torrenting
- Effortlessly bypasses the limitations of major Geo-restricted platforms
- No logging of any kind
- Desktop app is a bit clunky compared to other providers
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I disable my participation in Fortnite?
When your device connects to the Internet, it receives a unique IP address that serves as an identifier for your device and activity. If Epic Games determines that you are violating the Terms of Service or playing the game in an unfair manner, your IP address can be used to block access to the Fortnite servers and prevent you from playing the game.
As you can see, dealing with Fortnite IP bans is not a problem as long as you know how to handle it properly this is where a VPN comes into play.
To get around such a ban, you can try one of the three VPNs we recommend, namely ExpressVPN, NordVPN, and Surfshark.
However, make sure that you use a VPN for ethical gaming only. If you try to cheat or hack in any way, expect to lose access to your favorite battlegrounds forever.
Dota 2 is an online multiplayer battle arena video game developed and published by Valve Corporation. The game is a sequel to Defense of the Ancients, a community mod for Blizzard Entertainment’s Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos. Check out Best VPN for Dota 2 if you interested or crazy to play online game.