Contrary to popular belief, your online activities are not private. Depending on where you are and what network you use, you could be monitored by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), your employer, or even the government. A VPN encrypts traffic to ensure that they only see meaningless data drops, not the websites you visit. It also prevents hackers from accessing your data, which is especially handy if you’re connected to a public WIFI.
VPNs have another great advantage: They allow you to disguise your location. Most major streaming sites check the user’s IP address to see if they are in a supported country.
However, when you connect to a VPN, you get a temporary IP address from the country where your chosen server is located. Since most services can’t distinguish between users in the desired location and those connected to the VPN, you’ll have the possibility to stream previously inaccessible content no matter where you are in the world.
NordVPN tops the list because it offers amazing security at a low price. It’s reasonably priced and works well.
This is one of the reasons why NordVPN is the market leader for virtual private network services worldwide. If you are looking for a reliable virtual private network solution without paying too much of your hard-earned money, this is definitely an effective option. NordVPN offers a large number of security settings that you can change at will. If you have advanced knowledge in network security, you will be a satisfied customer. However, if you are not an expert, the default settings will ensure that you make every step on the web. NordVPN uses double encryption to provide the best security.
NordVPN lets you protect up to six devices with a single subscription. Therefore, there is no need to have a separate subscription for each device.
This BVI-based VPN provider is still fairly new, but it has other top VPN providers in mind. It’s only been around for a couple of years, but it’s already giving the older VPN providers a run for their money.
You can choose from servers in over 60 countries. European countries aren’t left out either, with servers in 37 countries, though Surfshark’s servers are excellent at handling geographical restrictions. You can access leading streaming platforms such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and HBO for free.
You can stream in HD and 4k Ultra HD quality, depending on how fast your connection is. Online gaming and torrenting are hassle-free thanks to servers that support P2P file sharing and offer reliable speeds. If you connect to an outdated server, Surfshark will redirect your connection to a better one, so you’ll have access to the best torrent servers.
There are no data retention laws in the BVI that require VPN providers to hand over data when requested by a government Surfshark does not collect or store customer data or connection details such as timestamps, network history, and session information. By using this VPN, your privacy concerns are greatly reduced
There is no cap on the number of devices that can be used simultaneously, which is an ideal feature for people with multiple devices. Apps that run on multiple platforms provide the flexibility you need. New mobile VPN users can use Surfshark’s mobile app for seven days without paying anything.
Private Internet Access
When it comes to accessing geo-blocked material in Europe, Private Internet Access meets all the requirements in terms of security, speed and confidentiality.
Private Internet Access beat all my speed tests and proved to be a solid choice for torrenting, streaming, gaming, and video calling.
I can use Private Internet Access on up to 10 different devices with a single subscription. While I found the 24/7 live chat support a bit slow, their website is full of helpful troubleshooting information.
PrivateVPN has fewer servers than its competitors (only 150 servers in 60 countries, including Europe), but it’s still worth considering because it offers faster speeds. Its high speeds make it the ideal VPN for Europe, allowing for easy and seamless streaming, online gaming, and file sharing. You don’t have to worry about data limitations either.
Moreover, this VPN does a great job of unblocking geo-restricted content and websites, allowing you to access platforms like TF1, ORF, Telecinco, and more, including more than 10 European Netflix libraries.
Private VPN scores high in the online protection category. That’s because it offers bank-level encryption and a kill switch to prevent data leaks, as well as DNS, WebRTC and IPv6 leak protection. Still, there is a hidden VPN option that is worth considering. This disguises online activity and gives the impression of normal browsing traffic.
It is also one of the best VPNs for Android Europe. There are apps for iOS, Windows, Android, and macOS. However, if you want to use it on Linux, you need to install it manually. Besides, PrivateVPN also supports internet routers. Live chat support is available 24/7 if you want it, and there is email support and an FAQ section for further assistance.
PureVPN has 769 servers in Europe alone. In total, the provider has a network of more than 6,500 servers in over 140 countries. If you need better online privacy while avoiding the speed penalties usually associated with VPN usage, PureVPN EU servers allow you to achieve both benefits at the same time.
Moreover, the provider has a robust list of privacy features that can ensure that European users are kept away from government and private data breaches. It uses advanced features like a kill switch and IP/DNS protection to ensure that users in Europe can maintain their privacy.
The service also works well with a number of popular streaming services that are geographically restricted in certain parts of Europe. These services include Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, BBC iPlayer and more.
PureVPN is one of the best VPNs in Europe. It’s also the cheapest VPN with a pricing plan, according to our cheap VPN guide.
Factors to consider when choosing a VPN in Europe
- Connection speed – The problem with VPNs is that they always slow down your internet speed. This is partly because of the encryption, and partly because your data now has to pass through the VPN server before it reaches its destination. The secret is to find a VPN that offers the perfect balance between speed and security.
- Number of servers – The first thing you need to make sure is that the VPN has the right number of servers in different European countries. This way, you can access all the local content while taking advantage of a VPN. The VPN should also have enough servers around the world if you want to access restricted content in those regions.
- Ability to unblock streaming services – Most streaming services have algorithms that can detect and block VPN connections, netflix and BBC iPlayer being the most notorious. A good VPN can bypass these algorithms and give you access to restricted content.
- Solid security features – The encryption standard used and the type of connection protocol are the first security aspects to check. Check if the VPN supports AES 256-bit encryption and OpenVPN connection protocol. You should also check if the VPN has a kill switch. This disables the Internet in case of an unexpected VPN failure and prevents unencrypted data from leaking out. This should be further enhanced with IPv6 and DNS leak protection.
- Privacy – If you decide to use a VPN in Europe, check the applicable privacy policies. What user data is stored and can that data be used to track you online?The country in which the VPN operates is also important.
- Support services – The ideal European VPN offers 24/7 customer support via various methods, such as live chat and email support. It is even better if you have pre-existing resources on how to resolve various issues on your own.
- P2P sharing support – Some VPN providers no longer support P2P sharing due to the legality of torrents. Choose a VPN that not only has P2P servers, but enough of them to avoid overloading users.
- Device compatibility – A great VPN should be compatible with all your devices, regardless of the operating system you use.
Whether you live in Europe or are just visiting, a virtual private network (VPN) can protect and enhance all of your Internet-based activities while you’re in the region. In Europe, my first choice for VPN protection is NordVPN.
NordVPN offers admirable service across all VPN categories. Its extensive global server network offers great protection, high speed, and fast connections, allowing you to access content from all over the world. With reliable protection on all major device platforms and 24/7 customer support, it offers the best protection for your online life.
Iceland, the northern island nation, is characterised by a dramatic landscape of volcanoes, geysers, hot springs and lava fields. Huge glaciers are protected by the Vatnajökull and Snaefellsjökull national parks. Most of the population lives in the capital, Reykjavik, which is powered by geothermal energy and is home to the National Museum and the Saga Museum, showcasing Iceland’s Viking history. Check out Best VPN for Iceland to surf web browser and access to watch movies in online and play games in online with safe and secure.