Huawei has a tainted reputation for producing high-end smartphones and tablets, but also for a distinct lack of privacy, with staff members being implicated in allegations of espionage for the Chinese government. Fortunately, whether you’re thinking about purchasing the Huawei P40 Pro+ or already own a Huawei-branded smartphone, you can protect your privacy by utilizing a virtual private network (VPN).
Despite the technical name, it’s even easier than you might think. This article will go over the best VPNs for your Huawei device and show you how to set them up.
Why is A VPN Required on Huawei Mobiles?
When you get a VPN for your Huawei device, you will undoubtedly reap numerous benefits. It will encrypt all of your data, ensuring its security as it enters and exits your device.
The VPN shields you from anyone attempting to spy on your online activities. This includes your own ISP as well as the government. Furthermore, by connecting to a remote location, you gain access to foreign services such as TV streams, sporting events, and much more. Aside from digital privacy, you will be able to browse the web freely.
NordVPN is the best Huawei VPN to buy. It is consistently fast and excellent at avoiding online censorship. Risk-free trial of its sleek user interface for Huawei and exclusive privacy features.
NordVPN is a safe and dependable VPN provider based in Panama (a great jurisdiction for privacy), with exceptional functionality that works well with Huawei devices. Users appreciate its distinct and user-friendly interface, which displays an interactive map of locations. This simplifies the process of selecting servers.
Of course, speed is an important factor to consider when selecting a VPN for Huawei devices, and NordVPN is consistently one of the fastest VPNs that I have tested and used. This is ideal if you need a VPN on your Huawei for data-intensive tasks like gaming or HD streaming. Furthermore, you can choose between different advanced VPN protocols to improve your NordVPN speeds – and if speed is a priority, I recommend Nord’s own VPN protocol, NordLynx.
NordVPN is not only fast, but it is also very secure. It includes strong and well-implemented encryption as well as highly customizable security features. Naturally, NordVPN’s offer includes a kill switch and obfuscation stealth feature.
NordVPN, on the other hand, includes some unique privacy tools, such as CyberSec, which protects users from malware and blocks intrusive web ads; Double VPN, which changes your IP address twice in a row; and Onion over VPN. You can try all of this and more at a low cost and with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you’re not putting your money at risk!
Despite the fact that it is slightly more expensive than the majority of market providers. ExpressVPN is well worth the money. I recommend that you use ExpressVPN for your Huawei products. They do have an easy-to-use client for Android phones that is also fairly simple to navigate.
If you’re streaming content on Huawei, you have access to 3000 servers in over 160 countries. Their website is a great place to start, especially if you’re new to the industry. The page is jam-packed with detailed guides and walkthroughs to help you get started with the service. If that isn’t enough, you can always contact their chat support, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
ExpressVPN values its users’ privacy. As a result, it includes industrial-grade encryption, a kill switch, and DNS leak protection. Not to mention that they accept cryptocurrency if you prefer not to provide your credit card information.
Installing a VPN on Huawei Devices
Select the best VPN from the AppGallery
This is the simplest and most secure method for installing a VPN on Huawei devices.
- Select a VPN. NordVPN is one of the few high-speed, secure VPNs available in Huawei’s AppGallery, and I highly recommend it.
- Download and install NordVPN. On Huawei’s AppGallery, look for NordVPN and click “Install.” Log in with your credentials once it has been installed.
- Establish a connection to a server. You can select from NordVPN’s entire server list or the recommended server for your location.
- Your Huawei device is now safe. Secure connections are available on your Huawei device.
Use the.config file to sideload a VPN
- Choose a VPN. NordVPN is an excellent choice because it includes step-by-step installation instructions.
- Set up your VPN settings. This entails selecting a VPN server, VPN protocol, and server group, as well as creating a username and password. Take a note of where you saved the configuration file.
- Set up an OpenVPN client. Petal Search for and install OpenVPN Client.
- Open the configuration files and import them. Start OpenVPN Client, then choose “Import Profile.” Navigate to the “File” menu. Then, import the configuration file that you previously downloaded. After a successful installation, log in with the username and password you specified during setup. The VPN profile will be created as a result of this.
- Sign-in to the VPN. You can do so by selecting the newly created profile. You can now browse safely. If you need to connect to another server or change the settings, simply create and download a new configuration file.
Use the.apk file to sideload a VPN
- Select a VPN. I recommend NordVPN because it comes with comprehensive setup instructions.
- Make APK downloads available on your device. Navigate to Settings > Security. Then, under Device Administration, enable Unknown Sources.
- Save the APK file to your computer. Each recommended VPN’s website contains detailed instructions on how to sideload an APK file. Never get files from unofficial websites.
- Press the “Install” button. When the installation is finished, click the VPN icon to open the app. Log in. Then, connect to the server of your choice.
- You can now securely access the internet. With VPN protection, you can enjoy browsing and streaming.
If you are unable to access geo-blocked websites or continue to see your original location/IP while connected to a VPN, try the following:
- Reinstall the OpenVPN application.
- Reinstall the configuration files if you sideloaded the VPN.
- Power off your device.
If none of these solutions work, contact customer service at your VPN provider. It’s critical to select a VPN with excellent customer service — NordVPN, the top VPN on the list above, offers quick responses via live chat.
How to Select a Huawei VPN
Before you start looking into different VPN services, it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with some of the features to look for.
It will assist you in obtaining the best VPN service for your device in general.
Android app: All Huawei phones currently run Android. As a result, it’s critical that the VPN service you choose is compatible with and provides an Android app, which thankfully most do.
No log policy: Make certain that the VPN you use on your Huawei device is not recording information about your usage. It defeats the purpose of using a VPN to begin with. A few VPN services have conducted audits to back up their no-logging claims, demonstrating that no data from the user’s internet access is logged.
A diverse server selection: Using a VPN on your Huawei phone increases your chances of staying connected while away from home. Having a large number of server locations allows you to protect your internet connection no matter where you are in the world.
High-level encryption: Android supports the OpenVPN protocol, which is widely regarded as one of the best available today. Make sure the VPN service provides at least OpenVPN AES 256-bit encryption, as this will keep your data extra secure.
Money-back guarantee: Finally, look for a service that provides a money-back guarantee.
Should I use a Huawei free VPN?
There are numerous free VPNs for Huawei available. However, the majority of free services are insecure and may even be harmful to users. Some free Virtual Private Networks collect data and monitor your Huawei activity in order to sell it to a third party later.
As a result, we strongly advise you to ensure that the service you sign up for and the software you install on your Huawei are completely secure. Some of the best free VPN services on Huawei are those with paid plans, and as one of the options, they provide service with limited features. This can include features such as having only one or a few server locations, having limited bandwidth, and so on.
We’ve compiled a list of some of the best VPNs for Huawei phones in this guide. We’ve also listed a few reasons why using a VPN is essential.
We recommend NordVPN because it strikes the right balance of usability, speed, and features.
They also have a 30-day money-back guarantee, so if you’re not sure, you have plenty of time to try them out without risk.