You may have noticed that the service is geo-restricted to South Africa and a few other sub-Saharan nations if you want to watch DStv online. Fortunately, a VPN allows you to watch DStv Now while traveling abroad! To assist you in making an informed choice, we’ll give in-depth reviews of the top VPNs for watching DStv online and compare their features, prices, and pros and cons.
Because so many SA servers support the quick and secure Lightway VPN protocol, which ensures faster speeds and more stable performance, NordVPN is our top choice for the best VPN to watch DStv outside of South Africa.
Anyone looking to stream DStv from abroad should consider NordVPN. You can access well-known platforms like Netflix US and Amazon Prime Video thanks to its more than 5,500 servers spread across 59 nations, including South Africa. You won’t have to worry about lag or buffering because this service is by far the fastest we’ve tested. Six devices can be connected at once by users.
NordVPN is among the best in terms of security. With the help of DNS, IPv6, WebRTC leak protection, 256-bit encryption, and a kill switch, it protects you from snoopers. You can connect to special obfuscated servers for even more privacy, and ads and malware are automatically blocked. You can almost always browse safely because these even function in countries like China. NordVPN provides live chat support around-the-clock and doesn’t keep any logs.
For iOS, MacOS, Android, Windows, and Linux systems, NordVPN offers user-friendly apps. Additionally, it can be manually configured to work with routers that support it.
The best VPN for DStv access outside of South Africa is ExpressVPN. Because it offers so much for online activities like streaming DStv, gaming, unblocking, and data protection, this VPN provider has remained one of the most well-liked in the market. As a result, it is the top DStv VPN.
There are over 3000 servers in 94 different countries that make up the ExpressVPN server network, including Johannesburg-based South African servers. We could watch several episodes of Ultimate Love in 4K ultra HD on ExpressVPN’s South Africa server.
While accessing DStv from abroad is simple, you can also get around geo-restrictions on other streaming services like ExpressVPN for Disney+, Hulu, HBO, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, DAZN, and more.
You can access various streaming platforms on devices that are not user-friendly with VPN configuration by using ExpressVPN’s “MediaStreamer” smart DNS proxy service. These gadgets include router, Roku, Apple TV, and Samsung Smart TV. Due to its user-friendly apps, it is a fantastic option for new VPN users.
Since the VPN allows for 5 simultaneous connections without affecting each device’s speed, we had no trouble configuring ExpressVPN on Android TV, Roku, FireStick, and other devices.
The best security and privacy features are offered by ExpressVPN, which also includes a kill switch, threat manager, split tunneling, no-logs policy, and AES 256-bit encryption. We looked for IP and DNS leaks while watching DStv outside of South Africa and discovered that our IP address was well-hidden.
One of the more well-known VPNs available is CyberGhost. It has a reliable, well-established global network of servers.
According to my tests conducted over the past few months, US Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max, and other popular streaming services are easily unblocked by CyberGhost. This VPN maintained download speeds well above 65% of my typical (non-VPN) ISP speed.
However, the service isn’t particularly special in any way. which compels you to consider its cost. Furthermore, nothing unique exists here. Its short-term price tag of $12.99 per month is significantly higher than the $10.10 monthly industry average. Similar to this, the three-year, long-term $2.75 deal isn’t much of a “deal.”
Strangely, CyberGhost’s one-day, no-obligation, free trial is its most distinctive feature. Customers who are unfamiliar with VPNs will find this offer appealing. Try not to be too seduced by the offer, though, as the majority of reputable VPNs will provide customers with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Another fantastic option for watching DStv Now content from anywhere in the world is Surfshark. One of the fastest and most dependable VPNs on the market, it has over 3, 200 servers, a great server spread, and 10 GBit VPN server ports in more than 100 countries.
Surfshark’s commitment to online privacy and security truly distinguishes it from other VPNs, despite its excellent content unblocking capabilities. Your online activity can be completely hidden by Surfshark’s IP rotator, Camouflage Mode, private DNS, and leak protection. Additionally, you can use the CleanWeb feature to browse the internet without being bothered by ads, trackers, malware, cookie pop-ups, or other annoyances.
With its state-of-the-art VPN, Surfshark enables you to protect an infinite number of devices and offers specialized apps for all platforms and operating systems. Because you can use Surfshark on every phone, laptop, PC, and smart TV in your home, it offers incredible value for your money.
Private Internet Access
For users who are concerned about their online security and aren’t willing to spend a lot of money on an online safety tool, Private Internet Access is both user-friendly and cost-effective.
You have access to a global network of servers thanks to the service’s over 3300 fast servers located in 84 different countries. This makes it among the top DSTV VPNs.
Windows, MacOS, Android, Linux, iOS, smart TV and gaming consoles are all compatible with the VPN. Chrome, Firefox, and Opera browser extensions are also available. Up to ten devices can be connected at once.
Our next suggestion is PureVPN, a fantastic tool that serves the majority of the world. In fact, PureVPN has offices in more than 140 nations, including many in Africa (Ethiopia, Ghana, Madagascar, Mauritania, Kenya, Niger, Mauritius, Senegal, Nigeria, Tanzania, Seychelles, South Africa, and Cape Verde).
The VPN also takes security very seriously, securing your data with military-grade encryption protocols. Additionally, there is a built-in antivirus to protect users. Additionally, there are a few extra features, such as the ability to split tunnel, which restricts the use of your regular ISP or kill switch while directing all traffic to the VPN servers.
How to Access DStv Now and Install a VPN
Experts from South Africa and other nearby nations make up the majority of those who want to watch DStv from abroad. And we can appreciate their annoyance with geo-blocks and restricted content.
Ray Donovan, Orange Is the New Black, Watchmen, Trackers, Warrior, The Handmaid’s Tale, Grand Hotel, South Park, Game of Thrones, and The Walking Dead are just a few of the fantastic television programs that are available on DStv.
Additionally, it includes exclusive homegrown content like Tinsel, Big Brother Naija, Idols (South Africa), Our Perfect Wedding, and The River.
Did we also mention that it is a popular sports destination? Its SuperSport channel covers a variety of events, including Roland Garros, the English Premier League, champions league, Euro 2020, and the ICC Cricket World Cup.
Who wouldn’t want to sign up for DStv Now with all the entertaining content available online?
- Find a VPN service that can unblock international DStv. Alternately, you can pick one from my list of recommended VPNs for DStv Now.
- Download the VPN app, install it on your device, and then register. Since reliable VPN programs are compatible with Windows, Android, iOS, macOS and more, you can use any of the widely used operating systems.
- Open your app after the installation is finished, then connect to a server that hosts DStv Now (ideally from South Africa).
- Open the DStv Now website or app, select the desired video, and click it when the home screen’s large button reads “Connected.”
- You can now stream your preferred programs as if you were in South Africa because the error message has vanished.
Devices that support DStv outside of South Africa
The following list of DStv outside of South Africa compatible devices is available on almost all platforms and devices:
- iOS Devices
- Windows 10
- Xbox One
- Amazon Fire
How to use your device to watch DStv outside of South Africa
Here’s how to download the DStv app to your devices from outside of South Africa:
For users of Android
- On your Android device, launch the NordVPN app.
- In South Africa, connect to a server.
- Create a new Google account, then log in.
- In the Play Store, look for the DStv app.
- Create a free account by installing it.
- Congratulations! Your Android device now supports DStv.
For users of iOS
- In Settings > Network, start by changing your Apple ID region to South Africa.
- On your iOS device, launch NordVPN.
- Connect to a South African server.
- In the Apple App Store, look for DStv.
- To begin streaming your preferred shows right away, download the app and log into your account.
Users of Roku
- Connect NordVPN to your Wi-Fi router after downloading and installing it.
- Link to the server in South Africa.
- Now use the HDMI port to connect your Roku stick to your smart TV.
- You can start by turning on your device and choosing DStv on the Roku homescreen.
Users of the PS3/PS4
To download DStv for the PS3 or PS4, follow the steps listed below:
- Visit the TV/Video Services category.
- Look for “DStv” in the list of available options.
- From the drop-down menu, choose “Get.”
- Your “My Channels” list now includes DStv.
Users of Xbox
To download DStv to your Xbox device, follow the steps listed below:
- Choose “My games and apps” from the Xbox menu.
- In the “Xbox Store,” look for “DStv.”
- That’s all there is! Simply press the “Install” button.
Users of Kodi
- Install a DStv-compatible VPN. I heartily endorse NordVPN.
- Connect your VPN to your Kodi device.
- Plug in your Kodi device after downloading the VPN software to your computer and saving it to a USB stick.
- Go to Settings on your Kodi device, then System Settings, and finally Add-ons.
- Turn on Unknown Sources now.
- On your Kodi device, install the VPN app. After that, connect to a server in South Africa.
- Turn on your TV to access Kodi’s home screen.
- Finally, to begin watching, install the Kodi DStv add-on.
Users of Firesticks
To download DStv to your Firestick device, follow the steps listed below:
- Go to Search after starting your FireStick.
- Connect to a US server after downloading NordVPN from unidentified sources.
- Press enters after entering the word “DStv.”
- The search results will show the “DStv app for Fire TV Stick.”
- After you click “Get,” the app will be downloaded.
- Open the DStv app once it has been installed.
- Log in with your credentials by opening the DStv app.
- Outside of South Africa, you can now begin using a Firestick to watch DStv.
For users of Apple TV
- Pick a VPN provider that supports Smart DNS. I heartily endorse NordVPN.
- Locate your Smart DNS addresses, then select Network from the Settings menu on your Apple TV.
- Press the Wi-Fi button to select your network.
- After that, select Manual Configuration under DNS configuration.
- By entering your DNS address and restarting your Apple TV, you can connect it to a US server.
- You can finish by downloading and installing the DStv app on your Apple TV.
For users of smart TVs
- Install a premium VPN by downloading it. I heartily endorse NordVPN.
- Connect to a server located in South Africa.
- Enter the admin section of your Wi-Fi router.
- To your VPN network, connect it.
- Create a free account to start watching after downloading the DStv app to your smart TV.
For users of computers
- Install a premium VPN on your computer. I heartily endorse NordVPN.
- Connect to a server located in South Africa.
- Log in or create an account on the DStv website.
- Remove your cookies and cache before re-logging in if you’re still having trouble watching DStv.
Channels on DStv
Without providing high-quality content, you cannot be the dominant force in Africa. And DStv does just that. DStv has it all, whether it’s entertainment, reality TV, documentaries, sports, or news.
- M-Net Movies Premiere
- M-Net Movies Comedy
- Fox HD
- M-Net Movies Showcase
- M-Net Series Showcase
- M-Net Movies Action
- BBC First
- Nick Junior
- Cartoon Network
- Fashion TV
- Travel Channel
- Nat Geo Wild
- CNN International
- Sky News
- Bloomberg TV
Frequently Asked Questions
Is DStv available outside of South Africa?
Yes, a high-end VPN with top-notch bandwidth, industry-leading security protocols, and unblocking features like NordVPN can be used to watch DStv Outside of South Africa.
Which DStv VPN is the best?
There are many VPNs on the market, but ExpressVPN is the best.
Is using a VPN to watch DStv illegal?
No, using a premium VPN to watch DStv outside of South Africa is not prohibited. Most people use VPNs to safeguard their online activity and digital footprint because they believe them to be legitimate.
Without a VPN, is it possible to watch DStv outside of South Africa?
No, DStv is geo-restricted due to copyright and licensing issues, so you cannot watch it without a VPN. To watch DStv Outside of South Africa, you must therefore use a premium VPN.
Is DStv able to stream live sports?
Yes, DStv offers Live Sports programming. Packages such as Access, Family, Compact and Premium are available. Any of the packages are available for selection.
In Africa, DStv reigns supreme as television. No matter what your interests are, it is your go-to place for high-quality television. With live coverage of the biggest sporting events—football, cricket, rugby, tennis, basketball and motorsports—SuperSport will quench your thirst for sports.
For those who enjoy watching TV, the service offers a binge-worthy selection of the most recent and well-liked shows and films. Ray Donovan, Watchmen, Warrior, South Park, Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead are among them.
Unfortunately, DStv is only available in South Africa and a select few other nations. Therefore, you must sign up as a VPN or Smart DNS user if you don’t want to miss anything. If not, foreigners cannot access it.