If you are an AT&T customer in the United States, your web history is most likely being harvested and sold to third parties. Because the Trump administration has made it legal for ISPs to collect and sell your data, you must take precautions. An AT&T VPN protects you by encrypting everything you do and hiding it from your ISP. This allows you to torrent or do whatever you want without being tracked.
A VPN for AT&T also protects you from bandwidth throttling by your ISP. This ensures that you receive the connection speeds for which you have paid. A VPN will allow you to access international geo-restricted internet services in addition to providing privacy. It will also allow you to use US services from abroad. The best VPNs for AT&T are listed in this guide.
How to Watch AT&T TV Now Outside the United States Using a VPN
Don’t worry if you’ve never used a VPN before; setting one up is simple. Follow the steps below to use a VPN to watch AT&T TV Now from outside the United States.
Here’s how to use a VPN to watch AT&T TV Now from anywhere:
- Join a VPN service that has servers in the United States. I especially recommend NordVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app that is appropriate for your device. The best VPNs provide apps for both desktop and mobile devices and typically allow connections to multiple devices at the same time.
- Delete the cache and cookies from your browser. Your device will not reveal your true location to AT&T TV Now, and the streaming service will accept the VPN-provided US IP address.
- Launch your VPN app or browser extension and connect to a server in the United States.
- Log into AT&T TV Begin watching your favorite content with your new IP address.
If you’re having trouble accessing the streaming service even with a VPN, try different servers. To keep up with the geo-restriction workarounds used by VPNs, some streaming services will blacklist specific servers. If that doesn’t work, contact your VPN’s customer service team for assistance.
NordVPN is our top recommendation for an AT&T VPN. It has a global network of over 5,000 servers, 1,600 of which are in the United States. It outperforms all competitors in our speed tests, allowing you to enjoy a smooth browsing experience. Many region-restricted services, such as Netflix and BBC iPlayer, are unblocked by NordVPN. There is no bandwidth throttling, so you can stream without buffering or lag. There are servers that are optimized for P2P file-sharing as well as those that provide additional security (double VPN servers, for instance).
This is an excellent value VPN, as evidenced by the fact that NordVPN allows up to six simultaneous connections. It also provides live chat support 24 hours a day, seven days a week, as well as user-friendly apps and browser extensions. With 256-bit AES encryption and DNS and IPv6 leak protection, this Panama-based VPN provider protects your online security. It has a kill switch and a strict no-logs policy to keep your personal information private.
NordVPN apps are available for the following platforms: Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and Android TV. Browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox are also available. Manual configuration is required for compatible routers.
Surfshark may not have a long track record of thwarting overzealous ISPs like AT&T, but this scrappy young VPN has learned from the best and brings even more to the table. Instead of using outdated encryption, their services use the 256-AES-GCM cipher in conjunction with the OpenVPN, IKEv2/IPSec, and WireGuard tunneling protocols. The NSA uses a similar loadout on its servers, making it nearly impossible for AT&T to crack your VPN connection.
Furthermore, you can prevent your ISP (Internet Service Provider) from even knowing you’re using a VPN. When surveillance measures such as DPI are detected, Surfshark’s Camouflage feature automatically activates, essentially creating a VPN for your VPN.
Connect to over 800 servers in 50 countries to “borrow” a foreign virtual IP address, which is ideal for unblocking Netflix on mobile devices. Worry not about logs, because Surfshark keeps none of your sensitive metadata per their excellent no-logging policy, resulting in excellent product security.
CyberGhost VPN is another reliable VPN service provided by Kape Technologies that allows you to access Zoosk from virtually anywhere in the world.
One of the most common reasons customers use VPNs is to circumvent geo-restrictions, and CyberGhost VPN delivers on this front with flying colors.
Furthermore, it will ensure that your connection remains secure, so that no one, including your ISP, can eavesdrop on your online activities.
As a result, whether you’re looking for a VPN for its geoblocking bypassing capabilities or simply want to be the only one who knows you’re using Zoosk, CyberGhost VPN will be of service.
When traveling, CyberGhost is a good option for keeping your data private. It not only allows you to connect to servers all over the world, but it also includes Public Wi-Fi protection.
As a result, even when using a public network, you can be confident that your data will remain private. These are known for storing and selling user data, but they will be unable to do so if you access them through a CyberGhost server.
Many users are also pleased with CyberGhost’s application, whether it is for PC or mobile. It’s very simple to use and set up, with a very user-friendly interface.
ExpressVPN’s speed and security make it an excellent choice for securely watching AT&T TV Now outside of the United States. It operates a vast network of over 3,000 servers in over 94 countries, including the United States. This VPN’s consistent performance has proven to be especially well-suited for HD streaming, in my opinion. ExpressVPN guarantees 99.9% uptime, so the VPN connection almost never drops!
It further distinguishes itself from its competitors with a wide range of user-friendly apps, including MediaStreamer, a smart DNS proxy service that allows you to use ExpressVPN with select smart TVs and game consoles. If you require assistance, ExpressVPN’s quick and efficient live chat support is available 24/7.
Your data is encrypted with 256-bit AES and is protected from DNS, IPv6, and WebRTC leaks. This VPN also has a kill switch, split tunneling, and a no-logs policy to help you stay anonymous. You can even use a disposable email address and pay in Bitcoin to sign up for the service anonymously.
ExpressVPN offers client software for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, and routers. Chrome and Firefox web browser extensions are available.
Private Internet Access
With over 1 million paying customers, Private Internet Access is one of the leading no-log VPN services. This VPN is one of the best in the industry at circumventing VPN bans on streaming sites. It offers dependable connections to US Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, HBO Max, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, and other services. It also allows up to ten devices to connect to its servers at the same time, allowing you to share your account with your close friends. If you are dissatisfied with Private Internet Access for any reason, there is a 24/7 live chat support available to help you. PIA also provides the standard 30-day money-back guarantee. Using the Private Internet Access VPN, I was able to achieve download speeds of 70 Mbps while connected to a UK server from New Zealand (my non-VPN speed is 100 Mbps).
Why do I require an AT&T VPN?
In the United States, net neutrality has deteriorated in recent years. AT&T and other Internet Service Providers (ISPs) have the ability to censor information at their discretion. Furthermore, AT&T is notorious for throttling its customers’ bandwidth. This means that you may experience slow speeds when using certain services, such as Netflix or Skype. The best AT&T VPNs offer unlimited bandwidth with no bandwidth restrictions.
Another reason to get an AT&T VPN is to improve your online security and privacy. This is especially important if you live in the United States, a member of the Five Eyes intelligence collaboration. Your data may be collected and shared with both your local and foreign governments if you do not use a VPN. A good VPN encrypts your data and has a strict no-log policy, which means that no personally identifiable information is ever disclosed, even if you ask for it.
Methodology: How we discovered the best AT&T VPNs
It’s aggravating to discover that your bandwidth is being throttled, especially if you want to stream or torrent. It’s also concerning to learn that your ISP is logging your browsing activity, especially if you live in a Five Eyes country like the United States. As a result, a VPN is even more important. As part of our methodology, we looked for the following characteristics in each VPN:
Access to a global network of servers: Having access to a global network of servers allows you to continue using all of your favorite websites and services while traveling abroad. It also implies that there is always a fast server near your location. Servers are available in dozens of countries, including the United States, for all VPNs listed.
Speed: If AT&T’s bandwidth throttling is making it difficult for you to stream and torrent, you’ll need a VPN with fast connections and unlimited bandwidth. We run speed tests to determine the fastest VPNs, all of which allow you to stream in HD without lag or buffering.
Unblocking: Some VPNs provide more powerful unblocking than others. Many poor VPNs struggle to connect to popular streaming services. We’re confident that after testing the best VPNs for AT&T across a wide range of websites and services, we’ve found those that are the most dependable for use at home and while traveling abroad.
Security: There are numerous security threats, such as malware and phishing attempts. A VPN, on the other hand, should protect you from this by encrypting your data and protecting you from leaks. Look for VPNs that provide Double VPN (also known as MultiHop) servers if you want an extra layer of security.
Privacy: Do you want AT&T to log your data and share it with the US government (a Five Eyes member)? You’ll need a VPN that doesn’t keep any user-identifying logs. We examined 140 VPN logging policies to ensure that the VPNs we chose will allow you to browse anonymously.
Ease of use: While VPNs may appear to be a little technical, especially if this is your first time using one, they should be very simple to use. You can expect user-friendly desktop and mobile apps from the best VPNs for AT&T. Furthermore, they all include 24-hour support, which is available via live chat and email.
Value for Money: Despite the fact that the VPNs in this post provide all of the above, they are frequently far less expensive than most services on the market. Of course, having discount coupons for each help. Keep in mind that they all come with money-back guarantees, allowing you to try them out risk-free.
What should I do if AT&T refuses to cooperate with a VPN?
If you purchased a VPN and it isn’t working with AT&T, there could be a few reasons. Cookies on your device, for example, may reveal your true location. Alternatively, your true IP address may be leaked by the VPN. It’s also possible that the site you’re attempting to access is simply blocking your preferred VPN.
Fortunately, there are several methods for repairing your VPN connection. You can, for example
- Experiment with a different tunneling protocol.
- Connect to a different server or country.
- Use a different browser or enable Incognito mode.
- Clear your device’s cache and cookies.
- While connected to the VPN, check your IP address (this will show whether your tool is leaking the IP)
- Contact your VPN’s customer service.
AT&T is blocking access to websites and streaming services
AT&T does block websites, but aside from blocks resulting from users violating the company’s rules, they are done in an unusual manner. Websites are blocked for no apparent reason based on the IP addresses they are associated with. Our best guess is that the goal here is to conserve resources and reduce congestion. However, throttling and blocking activity by AT&T or any other ISP occurs because they attract a large number of customers with promises of internet quality that they cannot even support in the first place. This, in our opinion, is an effective way of thinking about blocks: the ISP has a beef with itself, in that it bites off more beef than it can chew in exchange for easy extra profit. As a result, AT&T does block websites; however, from the perspective of a VPN, this is also irrelevant, because such a network is explicitly designed to circumvent restrictions.
AT&T Compatible devices are now available outside of the United States
AT&T TV Now allows you to watch it on three devices at the same time. This is necessary if you want to share your account with multiple family members who use different streaming platforms. However, here is a list of AT&T TV Now-compatible streaming devices:
- Microsoft Windows
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Xfinity TV
- Fire TV
- Play Station
- Amazon Fire Stick
For Users of Android
- Launch NordVPN on your Android device.
- Establish a connection to a server in the United States.
- Create a new Google account and log in.
- In the Play Store, look for the AT&T TV Now app.
- Install it and create a free account.
- Congratulations. AT&T TV Now is now available for Android users.
Users of iOS
- First, in Settings > Network, change your Apple ID region to the United States.
- Launch NordVPN from your iOS device.
- Establish a connection to a server in the United States.
- In the Apple App Store, look for AT&T TV Now.
- Download the app and sign-in to your account to begin streaming your favorite shows right away.
Users of Roku
- Download and install NordVPN, then connect it to your router’s Wi-Fi.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Connect your Roku stick to your smart TV via the HDMI port.
- Turn on your device and navigate to AT&T TV. You are now ready to go on the Roku home screen.
Users of the PS3/PS4
To download AT&T TV Now on PS3/PS4, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the TV/Video Services category.
- Select “AT&T TV Now” from the list of alternatives.
- From the drop-down menu, choose “Get.”
- AT&T TV Now has been added to your list of “My Channels.”
Users of the Xbox
To download AT&T TV Now on your Xbox device, follow the steps below:
- Select “My games & apps” from the Xbox menu.
- In the “Xbox Store,” look for “AT&T TV Now.”
- You’re done! Simply click the “Install” button to begin.
Users of the Kodi
- Set up a VPN that works with AT&T TV Now. NordVPN comes highly recommended by me.
- Sign-in to your VPN with your Kodi device.
- Install the VPN software on your computer, save it to a USB stick, and then connect it to your Kodi device.
- On your Kodi device, navigate to Settings, System Settings, and Add-ons.
- Turn on Unknown Sources.
- Download and install the VPN app on your Kodi device. After that, connect to a server in the United States.
- Turn on your TV and navigate to Kodi’s home screen.
- Finally, install the AT&T TV Now Kodi add-on to begin watching.
Users of the Firestick
To download AT&T TV Now on your Firestick device, follow the steps below:
- Turn on your FireStick and navigate to Search.
- Navigate to Unknown Sources and download NordVPN before connecting to a US server.
- Type ‘AT&T TV Now’ into the search bar and hit enter.
- In the search results, look for the ‘AT&T TV Now app for Fire TV Stick.’
- After you click ‘Get,’ the app will be downloaded.
- Following the AT&T TV Now that the app has been installed, launch it.
- Launch the AT&T TV Now app and sign up/log in with your AT&T TV Now credentials.
- You can now begin watching AT&T TV Now on Firestick outside of the United States.
Users of the Apple TV
- Select a VPN service that supports Smart DNS. NordVPN comes highly recommended by me.
- Locate your Smart DNS addresses, then navigate to the Settings menu on your Apple TV and select Network at the bottom of the page.
- Press the Wi-Fi button to select your network.
- Next, navigate to DNS Configuration and select Manual Configuration.
- Enter your DNS address and restart your Apple TV to connect it to a US server.
- Finally, on your Apple TV, download and install the AT&T TV Now app.
Users of the Smart TV
- Get and install a high-quality VPN. NordVPN comes highly recommended by me.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Log in to the admin section of your Wi-Fi router.
- Add it to your VPN network.
- Install the AT&T TV Now app on your smart TV and sign up for a free account to begin watching.
Users of the Personal Computers
- Download and install a premium VPN on your computer. NordVPN comes highly recommended by me.
- Connect to a server in the United States.
- Visit the AT&T TV Now website and create an account or log in.
- If you still can’t watch AT&T TV Now, clear your cookies and cache before logging back in.
A good VPN is your best bet for gaining consistent access to AT&T Now while traveling or living outside the United States.
A VPN, such as NordVPN, provides dependable access to blocked content around the world, protects your online activities from third-party monitoring, and enhances your online activities.