HGTV is a popular Canadian-based channel that is available to Canadians. It is also possible to watch HGTV outside of Canada, and we will show you how.
HGTV is a learning platform where you can learn about DIY projects, home planning, interior design, and renewals, as well as watch a variety of creative programs. HGTV stands for Home & Garden Television, and the name pretty much says it all.
Because HGTV employs geographic restrictions, accessing HGTV from outside Canada requires the use of a VPN. NordVPN is your best option for this task because it allows you to watch HGTV from anywhere in the world.
HGTV features a variety of interesting shows, such as House Hunters Renovation, Fixer Upper, Property Brothers, House Hunters International, and Holmes on Homes. A VPN is required to watch these from outside of Canada.
How to Use a VPN to Watch HGTV Abroad
Accessing region-locked platforms like HGTV is simple with the right VPN.
Here’s how to watch HGTV online from anywhere (except the United States and Canada):
- First and foremost, sign up for one of the VPNs listed above, particularly NordVPN.
- Install and log in to the app using the appropriate version for your device.
- Next, connect to one of your VPN’s American servers (if you’re trying to access HGTV Canada, connect to a Canadian server).
- Go to the website of HGTV or the DIY Network. You can watch a variety of on-demand content without logging in, but if you want to watch live, you must sign in with your cable provider’s details or a supported over-the-top service (such as DirecTV Now, fuboTV, Hulu, PlayStation Vue or YouTube TV).
Finally, try watching a video. If it doesn’t start almost immediately, clear your browser’s cache and cookies and try again. If the issue persists, contact your VPN’s customer service team for assistance.
NordVPN has the largest network of any major provider, with over 5,000 servers in 60 countries, including 1.800 in the United States. This service provides consistent, high-speed connections and unblocks stubborn platforms such as Netflix US and Amazon Prime Video, so HGTV shouldn’t be a problem. Furthermore, NordVPN supports up to six simultaneous connections, allowing you to stream on whatever device you prefer.
This VPN offers 256-bit encryption, WebRTC, DNS, and IPV6 leak protection, a customizable kill switch, automatic malware scanning, and ad-blocking, among other advanced security features. There are also dedicated servers for those who want to use Tor over VPN or browse anonymously in countries with strict online censorship. NordVPN does not keep any kind of logs. In the event of an issue, customer support is available 24/7 via live chat.
NordVPN offers software for Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Android, and iOS. It is possible to manually install it on home routers.
ExpressVPN is light protocol and robust streaming-optimized servers ensure a seamless streaming experience like no other on this platform.
On its US-New York server, we tested ExpressVPN’s HGTV unblocking capability. Not only was the connection established instantly, but all of the HGTV titles were accessible in the proper manner.
Not only can ExpressVPN unblock HGTV, but it can also unblock Pop TV outside the US, Acorn TV, Sling TV, HBO, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer and other geo-restricted platforms. We also tried streaming Netflix with ExpressVPN to see how efficient it was, and it did not disappoint.
Are you having trouble watching your favorite shows like “The Soul Man,” “Nobodies,” or “Younger” on TV Land outside of the United States? Unfortunately, due to geo-restrictions, TV Land is unavailable outside of the United States. As a result, you’ll need the best VPN for TV Land to give you a dedicated US IP address.
Over a 100 Mbps connection, ExpressVPN provided us with 89.42 Mbps download speed and 84.64 Mbps upload speed. This is the fastest speed any VPN provided us during our entire VPN testing period.
You can use this VPN on all types of streaming devices because it is compatible with the most popular operating systems. So, install ExpressVPN on your PC, smartphone, laptop, SmartTV, computer, Amazon Fire Stick, Kodi, Roku or gaming console. Furthermore, you can configure ExpressVPN on your Wi-Fi router and connect it to your VPN-incompatible devices.
EpressVPN includes advanced 256-bit encryption, an Internet Kill Switch and DNS/IP leak protection. It is done to ensure that none of your private data is leaked anywhere and that you have a smooth streaming experience.
Can’t get ExpressVPN to work on your media streaming device? To get personalized assistance, use the live chat feature on 24/7 customer support.
Surfshark is without a doubt the most affordable option. Users are reassured that the quality and consistency of the connection and services are uncompromised and consistent, despite the lower costs. Download speeds of up to 86.56 Mbps and upload speeds of up to 44.07 Mbps are available to users.
Surfshark is compatible with a variety of iOS, Windows, and Android devices. Surfshark currently has over 3200 servers in over 65 countries. It means you can easily access streaming services such as DocPlay from outside of New Zealand.
Furthermore, users have access to a variety of features such as multiple logins, DNS leak protection, Clean Web, and many more.
Private Internet Access
With over 1 million paying customers, Private Internet Access is one of the leading no-log VPN services.
This VPN is one of the best in the industry at circumventing VPN bans on streaming sites. It offers dependable connections to US Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Hulu, HBO Max, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, and other services. It also allows up to ten devices to connect to its servers at the same time, allowing you to share your account with your close friends.
If you are dissatisfied with Private Internet Access for any reason, there is a 24/7 live chat support available to help you. PIA also provides the standard 30-day money-back guarantee.
Using the Private Internet Access VPN, I was able to achieve download speeds of 70 Mbps while connected to a UK server from New Zealand (my non-VPN speed is 100 Mbps).
Outside of the United States, what devices are compatible with HGTV?
To stream HGTV outside of the United States and have a buffer-free, smooth experience while maintaining connectivity, you will need a perfectly compatible device that will support your login and streaming.
The following devices are HGTV-compatible:
How do I access HGTV on my iPhone?
If you’re wondering how to watch HGTV outside of the United States on your iPhone, follow this simple guide:
- Sign up for a reputable VPN service; we recommend NordVPN.
- On your device, download and install the VPN app.
- Connect to a suitable server in the United States Recommended: New York.
- Now, go to your iPhone’s settings and select your Apple ID for further processing.
- Go to your account to continue the process.
- After signing in, change your location to the United States so that your IP address is detected as being from the United States.
- Go to the App Store and look for the Discovery Plus app.
- Get Discovery+ and watch HGTV through Discovery Plus for exclusive content.
How do I watch HGTV on my Android device?
Here’s a quick tutorial on how to get HGTV outside of the United States on your Android phone using a VPN service provider:
- First, obtain a dependable and fast-working VPN. NordPVN comes highly recommended.
- To proceed, install the VPN app on your devices.
- Connect to a suitable server in the United States (Recommended: New York).
- To avoid the restriction and limitation policies, create a new Google account and relocate its location to the United States.
- Sign-in to your new account and search for the Discovery Plus app.
- After installing, launch the Discovery app and watch HGTV on Dicovery+.
HGTV Kodi Addon Installation Instructions
- Open Kodi and go to the Settings menu Issochy kodi for iPhone.
- Go to Add-ons and install the Kodi Addon.
- Select Install from the repository.
- You are now in the Kodi Add-on repository by default. Choose Video Add-ons.
- Choose HGTV.
- Select Install.
- A pop-up window, A window with a list of the additional add-ons that will be installed will appear. Select OK.
- Wait for the message HGTV Add-on Installed to appear.
- Go back to the home screen of Kodi and select Add-ons from the left menu, then click on the HGTV icon.
- Select any of the shows.
- That’s all! You can now watch HGTV content on Kodi.
Best TV Shows on HGTV in 2022
- House Hunters
- Fixer Upper
- Property Brothers
- Hawaii Life
- Flip or Flop
- Flee Market Flip
- Beachfront Bargain Hunt
Frequently Asked Questions
What exactly is HGTV?
This is a Discovery Inc.-managed American channel called Home & Garden Television. It broadcasts a plethora of shows that all have a home and garden improvement theme and provide interesting masterclasses or tips.
Is there a mobile app for HGTV?
Yes, an app for Android and iOS devices is available in the official store. It gives you access to all relevant shows. You can even save the episodes you want to watch later to create a personal playlist.
Is it possible to get HGTV for free?
Because HGTV is a pay-TV channel, there is no way to get it for free. You must have a cable TV, satellite TV, or OTT subscription to watch it online.
What Is the Most Economical Way to Get an HGTV Subscription?
Discovery+ (which costs $4.99 per month) is the cheapest way to watch HGTV shows. Keep in mind that Discovery+ only provides on-demand access to HGTV content.
HGTV is a geographically restricted streaming service that is only available in the United States. As a result, a VPN such as NordVPN is required to access it. We have given you the most promising information about how to watch HGTV outside of the United States in this blog.
NordVPN remains our top priority, and we have walked you through every step of using a VPN to watch HGTV outside of the United States. So, don’t wait any longer and get the best subscription packages to watch HGTV USA shows.